Welcome to St Peter’s, Bocking
To find this Sunday’s Collect, Bible Readings, Thoughts, Prayers and Music, please click on the Virtual Pew Slip tab at the top of the page.
You may also be interested in some of my additional “Views from the Vicarage” – to be found on the tab above.
Although scheduled weekday and Sunday Services are still not currently being held, we are now
OPENING FOR INDIVIDUAL
10 am till 12 Noon
2 pm till 4 pm
Taking into account your own personal health circumstances, please feel free to visit the Church, be still, light a candle, say a prayer.
There are also lots of other resources online to help us, including those of our own Diocese:
– see “Church at Home – Worship Resources” about half way down the page for a number of resources, including one on “Spiritual Communion” – a help for those of us who are used to receiving Holy Communion regularly, but cannot for the moment do so.
If you find yourself need of practical help over the coming days, or need someone to talk to, please feel free to contact me and I will do what I can, and will be happy to chat: 01376 349267 or email at
We hope you find this website interesting and helpful.
We are always pleased to hear from those who would like to know more about the Christian Faith, those considering Marriage in our beautiful church, or the Baptism (Christening) of children or adults.
We are also available if you wish to speak in confidence about things which concern or worry you, and to pray for you and help you where we can. Please use the tabs above to find out more. The ‘This Week’ tab will let you know what is happening this week, and the Diary tab will show you details of all our Sunday and any additional Services for the month.
Please do feel free to contact Fr Tim on 01376 349267 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
St Peter’s Parish Church, Bocking – Our Vision
- To be a spiritual centre for our community that welcomes people of all ages, values our Anglican tradition whilst happily working with other Churches, and helps people grow in faith and be active in sharing the Good News of Jesus Christ with others.
- To serve our local area as good Christian neighbours, offering care and help where we can, and being involved in and supportive of local organisations that help enrich people’s lives.
- To look outward to the wider world, rejoicing in the diversity and beauty of God’s creation, and doing what we can to help people who are in need through poverty, conflict and injustice, and also to care for and respect our natural environment.
- To enable all the members of our congregations to feel at home and to find and use their gifts, so that our Vision of a welcoming, inclusive, outward-looking community of faith may be fully realised.
Agreed by the PCC May 2012 – amended August 2019
|We are committed to Safeguarding children and young people and vulnerable adults.
The PCC has adopted the Church of England’s policies and best practice on safeguarding which may be found on the Church of England’s website: https://www.churchofengland.org/more/safeguarding, or on the Safeguarding pages of the Chelmsford Diocese: https://www.chelmsford.anglican.org/safeguarding
Details of our Parish Safeguarding Representative can be found on the noticeboard in the church and they can be contacted at email@example.com
We are so grateful to the Late Peter Marsden for the creation of the original St. Peter's Parish Website, and for running it for many years.