Welcome to St Peter’s, Bocking
To find this Sunday’s Collect, Bible Readings, Thoughts, Prayers and Music, please click on the Virtual Pew Slip tab at the top of the page.
You may also be interested in some of my additional “Views from the Vicarage” – to be found on the tab above.
A message from Father Tim:
The Church continues to be alive and active, but our buildings must close.
We are seeing a huge increase in the number of people falling sick with COVID-19. As we have been reminded by the Prime Minister in his recent address to the Nation we must distance ourselves from one another and prevent the spread of infection in order to save lives.
Therefore, as well as public worship being suspended all Church buildings in the Church of England are now closed.
Our worship of God and our care for each other continue but cannot be done in our Church building. The offering of prayer and worship can and will still go on each day in our homes.
There are lots of resources for online that we can use, including those of our own Diocese:
– see “Church at Home – Worship Resources” about half way down the page for a number of resources, including one on “Spiritual Communion” – a help for those of us who are used to receiving Holy Communion regularly, but cannot for the moment do so.
All these resources, used prayerfully, will enable each of us to feel and know that we are still together, even if we are apart.
As ever, please do follow carefully all Government and NHS guidelines concerning your health and the health of those close to you, as well as the restrictions on leaving your house, and be assured that we will be active in prayer to God on your behalf, as you join your prayers with ours.
If you find yourself need of practical help over the coming days, or need someone to talk to, please feel free to contact me and I will do what I can, and will be happy to chat: 01376 – 349267 or email at
We all need to look out for each other at this crucial time, and particularly those who have little or no network of friends or family.
A Prayer for us all at this time:
Keep us, good Lord,
under the shadow of your mercy
in this time of uncertainty and distress.
Sustain and support the anxious and fearful,
and lift up all who are brought low;
that we may rejoice in your comfort
knowing that nothing can separate us from your love
in Christ Jesus our Lord.
May God bless you and keep you, now and always.
We hope you find this website interesting and helpful.
We are always pleased to hear from those who would like to know more about the Christian Faith, those considering Marriage in our beautiful church, or the Baptism (Christening) of children or adults.
We are also available if you wish to speak in confidence about things which concern or worry you, and to pray for you and help you where we can. Please use the tabs above to find out more. The ‘This Week’ tab will let you know what is happening this week, and the Diary tab will show you details of all our Sunday and any additional Services for the month.
Please do feel free to contact Fr Tim on 01376 349267 or via email at email@example.com
St Peter’s Parish Church, Bocking – Our Vision
- To be a spiritual centre for our community that welcomes people of all ages, values our Anglican tradition whilst happily working with other Churches, and helps people grow in faith and be active in sharing the Good News of Jesus Christ with others.
- To serve our local area as good Christian neighbours, offering care and help where we can, and being involved in and supportive of local organisations that help enrich people’s lives.
- To look outward to the wider world, rejoicing in the diversity and beauty of God’s creation, and doing what we can to help people who are in need through poverty, conflict and injustice, and also to care for and respect our natural environment.
- To enable all the members of our congregations to feel at home and to find and use their gifts, so that our Vision of a welcoming, inclusive, outward-looking community of faith may be fully realised.
Agreed by the PCC May 2012 – amended August 2019
|We are committed to Safeguarding children and young people and vulnerable adults.
The PCC has adopted the Church of England’s policies and best practice on safeguarding which may be found on the Church of England’s website: https://www.churchofengland.org/more/safeguarding, or on the Safeguarding pages of the Chelmsford Diocese: https://www.chelmsford.anglican.org/safeguarding
Details of our Parish Safeguarding Representative can be found on the noticeboard in the church and they can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are so grateful to the Late Peter Marsden for the creation of the original St. Peter's Parish Website, and for running it for many years.